[SciPy-dev] [OpenOpt] gsoc midterm evaluation

dmitrey dmitrey.kroshko@scipy....
Mon Jul 14 15:31:29 CDT 2008

Hi all,

let me inform you about gsoc midterm evaluation.
Contents of the letter is in accordance with request of my mentor Alan G Isaac.

Let me remember you OpenOpt is free numerical optimization framework. For what it serves for and other details see OpenOpt homepage and introduction page:
http://scipy.org/scipy/scikits/wiki/OpenOpt
http://scipy.org/scipy/scikits/wiki/OOForeword

for openopt capabilities see OO Doc page:
http://scipy.org/scipy/scikits/wiki/OODoc

All items from my timeline
http://scipy.org/scipy/scikits/wiki/OOTimeLine
have been implemented
more details can be read at openopt blog: http://openopt.blogspot.com/

Let me also note that I have started my work 1 months earlier, so some work from part 2 (related to ralg enhancements) have been done.

As for dependency patterns, some work have been done (during several weeks), I intend to describe it tomorrow in OO blog and Doc page.

Thanks all who vote for openopt during GScC select phase and/or answered my questions in numpy/scipy mail lists. Also, thanks to my optimization department workers for a number of consultations and other support that have sufficiently improved openopt quality.

Regards, Dmitrey.