[SciPy-dev] removing lil_eye() and lil_diags()

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Tue Jul 22 18:08:14 CDT 2008

Hi Nathan

2008/7/23 Nathan Bell <wnbell@gmail.com>:
> Is there any objection to removing lil_eye() and lil_diags() from
> scipy.sparse?  I believe these functions were added after the 0.6
> release and have now been superceded by sparse.eye(..., format='lil')
> and sparse.spdiags(..., format='lil').

I think that should be fine (I added them both, didn't I?).  One
question: the implementations were both exploiting properties of lil
matrices to be constructed efficiently; is constructing a dia_matrix
and then converting to lil format as good?  It seems like a much
cleaner solution, so I hope the answer is "yes"!

Cheers
Stéfan