[SciPy-dev] NumPy 1.2.0 and SciPy 0.7.0 schedule

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Jul 25 11:10:12 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 7:28 AM, David Cournapeau
<david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> Generally, I am a bit worried by the amount of new code in scipy: there
> was a bit too much new functionality since 0.6 IMHO. What about
> releaseing a 0.7 at the same time as numpy 1.2, and then focusing more
> on bug fixing/API consolidation in 0.8 ?

+1

I think overly long release cycles are worse in the long run than a
release with a few rough edges.  We could even sprinkle suitable
warning("tech preview package") here and there as orange cones in
front of the largest potholes.

Cheers