[SciPy-dev] NumPy 1.2.0 and SciPy 0.7.0 schedule

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Fri Jul 25 12:23:04 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 7:28 AM, David Cournapeau
<david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Generally, I am a bit worried by the amount of new code in scipy: there
> was a bit too much new functionality since 0.6 IMHO. What about
> releaseing a 0.7 at the same time as numpy 1.2, and then focusing more
> on bug fixing/API consolidation in 0.8 ?

I would rather see us focus on getting a series of bugfix releases
(0.7.1, 0.7.2, etc.) out than starting to work on 0.8.0.  Of course,
that is just another way of saying I completely agree with you.

I think we will also need to mark a few packages (e.g., stats.models)
as technology previews with the expectation that there may be bugs and
that the API for these specific packages hasn't been finalized.

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley