[SciPy-dev] importing scipy.stats generates exception on deprecate decorator

Tom Waite twaite@berkeley....
Tue Jun 3 01:01:48 CDT 2008

Damian

I just downloaded the latest scipy and I use the sparse matrix routines and
get the same problem you reported. I am running on XP 32. What was your
resolution?

Tom

In [3]: import scipy.sparse
<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>             Traceback (most recent call last)

c:\python25\lib\site-packages\scipy\sparse\__init__.py in <module>()
      3 from info import __doc__
      4
----> 5 from base import *
      6 from csr import *
      7 from csc import *

c:\python25\Lib\site-packages\scipy\sparse\base.py in <module>()
     43 MAXPRINT = 50
     44
---> 45 class spmatrix(object):
     46     """ This class provides a base class for all sparse matrices.
It
     47     cannot be instantiated.  Most of the work is provided by
subclasses.

c:\python25\Lib\site-packages\scipy\sparse\base.py in spmatrix()
    137         return format
    138
--> 139     @deprecate
    140     def rowcol(self, num):
    141         return (None, None)

<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: deprecate() takes exactly 3 arguments (1
given)

In [4]: scipy.__version__
Out[4]: '0.7.0.dev4402'