[SciPy-dev] Error building from svn on Intel Macs.

Tue Jun 3 21:51:24 CDT 2008

Christopher Hanley wrote:
> I am also having difficulty building scipy now from SVN.  I haven't done
> it in about 10 days so I don't know when the problem began.  However,
> from the build log it looks like I'm having some swig issues.  Comments,
> suggestions?

It does not look like a swig problem per se. From the limited log, I
have the impression that scipy is trying to build umfpack solver,
whereas the (optional) umfpack dependencies are not met.

Could you give us the full log (at least the configuration step, where
it is looking for umfpack ?)

thanks,

David