[SciPy-dev] {Num, Sci}Py on 64bit Intel Macs with icc, ifort, mkl

Ulrik Günther ulrik@42degreesoffreedom....
Mon Jun 16 10:00:48 CDT 2008

Hi,

at first, the problem is mostly the same which I already described in
combination with the
Intel compilers: For .so's, the -undefined dynamic_lookup flag is
missing (which the patch
adds), therefore linking fails.

On Jun 16, 2008, at 5:26 AM, Robert Kern wrote:

> 1. What package are you trying to compile that fails? Include the
> version number or SVN revision.
The problem happends with every package that tries to build an .so,
fftpack, etc.

> 2. What part of that failed? Please copy-and-paste the build log
The only thing that fails is the linking at the end, because the flag -
undefined
dynamic_lookup is missing/Python.framework is not linked in. Do you
still need the
build log?

The command line is the one recommended by http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/Mac_OS_X
:
 >> python setup.py build_src build_clib --fcompiler=gnu95 build_ext --
fcompiler=gnu95 build
> 3. What version of numpy are you using?
% cd numpy && svn info | grep Rev
Revision: 5264
Last Changed Rev: 5264

% cd scipy && svn info | grep Rev
Revision: 4426
Last Changed Rev: 4426

> 4. What (relevant) compilers are you using?
>   a. What are their version numbers?

>   b. Where did you get the compiler binaries from?
GCC: gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5465) (Apple-supplied)
GFortran: gcc version 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build build 5531) (from
macresearch.org)

> 5. Which version of OS X are you using?
10.5.3 along with current (stable, XCode 3.0) Developer tools.

> 6. Which version of Python are you using?
>   a. Where did you get the Python binary from? E.g. www.python.org,
> Apple's builtin Python, MacPorts, Fink, built-it-yourself.
I'm using...
% python
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Jan 17 2008, 19:35:17)
...the Apple-supplied version, was last changed with 10.5.2, as far as
I remember.

If you need anything else, please let me know :)