[SciPy-dev] Scikits version system

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Mon Jun 16 21:46:27 CDT 2008

Robert,
First of all, thanks an awful lot again for your help.

On Monday 16 June 2008 21:40:44 Robert Kern wrote:
> Well, the current trunk doesn't build into an egg for me: you have
> tag_svn_revision set to an invalid value in setup.cfg. You also have
> the name of the package wrong in the setup() call, so it makes and egg
> called "timeseries" rather than "scikits.timeseries" which is what it
> should be. Fixing these, and uncommenting out the implementation of
> the scheme described on the wiki works for me.

I had figured that the 1 was in fact a truth value, but thanks for pointing
out the error in the base setup.py.

> In doing this, I found a few places where there are mixed line
> endings. Please take a look at normalizing these.

Mmh, I'm not sure what you mean about the line endings...

> Also please go
> through the commented-out blocks of obsolete code and delete any of it
> that you can. SVN remembers so the file doesn't have to.

You're quite right, sorry about that.
After getting rid of rotten eggs and performing a clean install, I get the
proper results, at last.
Thanks again !