[SciPy-dev] Building numpy/scipy on RHEL5 OR CentOS5

Tue Jun 24 22:08:14 CDT 2008

Michael Hearne wrote:
> Phil et. al. - I believe that you and probably others do not have this
> problem, but I continue to have it.  I just downloaded the most recent
> svn version of scipy and re-attempted the build and install.  The build
> was successful, but the install complained about ufmpack.

Could you give us the whole build log (after removing the build
directory, i.e. from scratch) ? It looks like you found a bug in the
configuration system at some point.

Also, did you try the ashigabou repository ? It should be easy to try,
and if it works, it should right away (also, if this one works for you,
it should work for everybody, since binary install, once working, are
much easier to do).

cheers,

David