[SciPy-dev] Google Summer of Code 2008 and SciPy

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Mar 7 23:11:07 CST 2008

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 10:19 AM, halish <mhaligowski@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>  my name is Mateusz Haligowski and I am a student of the third (and the
>  last) year of Baccalaureate studies at the University of Gdańsk. I
>  study Econometrics and Statistics.
>
>  Last year I participated in GSoC, writing a plugin for Scribus (DTP
>  software). It was a great fun, but this year I'm longing to write
>  something connected with my studies.
>
>  I would like to ask, whether SciPy is planning to participate as a
>  mentoring organisation in GSoC this year? I've received a message on
>  python-gsoc mailing list, that you would need some econometric
>  functions, and that would be a perfect thing for me.

Most likely, the SciPy project will participate under the umbrella of
the PSF. Feel free to talk about ideas here and find a mentor on this
list. I'm guessing that it was Alan Isaac who requested econometric
functions. He certainly would be a good mentor for such a project in
any case.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."