[SciPy-dev] Splitting sparsetools_wrap source file ?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Sat Mar 8 22:38:21 CST 2008

On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 10:14 PM, David Cournapeau
<david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I think we already had a discussion about that a few months ago, and
>  I would like to reiterate my wish of splitting the sparsetools_wrap
>  source file. C++ compilers are already dead slow, and with such a big
>  source file, compiling this file alone makes for a big part of the whole
>  scipy build time. Is is possible to split source files ? Or having
>  something smaller ?

Bascially, no. You would have to split up the extension module itself,
and that could be difficult. sparsetools_wrap.cxx is generated by
SWIG.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."