[SciPy-dev] numpy.float128 absence yield bugs

dmitrey dmitrey.kroshko@scipy....
Mon Mar 10 12:37:42 CDT 2008

As for numpy.longdouble (and related types if they are intended to be
implemented), I suppose numpy also should have a function to return
number of bites used (128, 96, 64 etc).

Ok. Another one question: does numpy have function(s), that accepts a
numpy type (float32, float64, uint16 etc) and yields: max value (like
1e300); min value (like -1e300); min positive value (for floats) like
1e-300?

Thank you in advance, D.