[SciPy-dev] scipy.optimize.nonlin.broyden2

argriffi argriffi@ncsu....
Thu Mar 20 10:12:26 CDT 2008

I've been using a packaged scipy release, and I just checked out the svn
scipy trunk but haven't used or modified it yet.  What is the best way
to manage the two installations so that by default my scripts use the
official release, but so that I can alternatively use the svn version by
specifying it somehow?

I also have a question about the proposed eps argument for broyden2.
Could this be named more descriptively?  For example, I have seen small
values named rel_tol and abs_tol for relative and absolute tolerance in
other contexts.  If eps has a meaningful interpretation in broyden2 then
maybe it should be named more appropriately.

Alex