[SciPy-dev] building SciPy for CentOS 5

Mark Coletti mcoletti@gmail....
Mon Mar 24 05:50:18 CDT 2008

Joseph VanAndel <vanandel <at> ucar.edu> writes:

> However,  scipy doesn't work:
>
> import scipy
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>    File "scipy/__init__.py", line 54, in <module>
>      from __config__ import show as show_config
> ImportError: No module named __config__

I'm having the same problem with my SuSE 10.1 box.  I've had to install python
2.5 in /usr/local/; 2.4 is still in /usr/bin.  This *shouldn't* be a problem,
but I worry there might be some sort of conflict between the two.  I hope
there's not some compatibility problem between the latest python and scipy.

Have you heard any solutions from others?

Cheers,

Mark Coletti
mcoletti@gmail.com