[SciPy-dev] Dropping djbfft ?

Mon May 12 09:59:29 CDT 2008

Hi,

    I would like to ask again about dropping djbfft support. Djbfft is a
fft implementation, which has not been updated since 1999, and is not
packaged by most linux distributions (I quite doubt anyone on windows is
using it). Also, because it only supports 2^n sizes, it has to be used
simultaneously with another backend (fftpack, fftw, fftw3, etc....). The
later is why I would like to drop it: it is quite a PITA to test all
combinations, and it takes a lot of time for maybe one or two users out
there. I would much prefer spending times on improving things like our
fftw3 support, float support, etc...

cheers,

David