[SciPy-dev] Dropping djbfft ?

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Mon May 12 11:30:48 CDT 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 7:59 AM, David Cournapeau
<david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
>     I would like to ask again about dropping djbfft support. Djbfft is a
>  fft implementation, which has not been updated since 1999, and is not
>  packaged by most linux distributions (I quite doubt anyone on windows is
>  using it). Also, because it only supports 2^n sizes, it has to be used
>  simultaneously with another backend (fftpack, fftw, fftw3, etc....). The
>  later is why I would like to drop it: it is quite a PITA to test all
>  combinations, and it takes a lot of time for maybe one or two users out
>  there. I would much prefer spending times on improving things like our
>  fftw3 support, float support, etc...

+1
I don't think I ever reported it, but I am pretty sure I have run into
problems by just having it installed when building SciPy.  I would be
interested in whether anyone is able to successful use it.

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley