[SciPy-dev] Dropping djbfft ?

Tue May 13 00:52:59 CDT 2008

Robert Kern wrote:

> I think we're still talking past each other. What I was suggesting is
> that FFTW(3), MKL, etc. are moved to separate *packages* outside of
> scipy.

Yes, I understand that, but if we want to provide non broken packages
for mkl and co, we need to separate the code in scipy.fftpack. Or did
you mean just put the current code in scikits, even if not buildable,
and people who want them just have to upgrade the code ?

For djbfft, the problem is that its performances are dependent on the
compiler options. IOW, building it should be easy, building it such as
it is faster than fftpack maybe not so.

cheers,

David