[SciPy-dev] Dropping djbfft ?

Tue May 13 03:57:15 CDT 2008

David Cournapeau wrote:
> Robert Kern wrote:
>> I think we're still talking past each other. What I was suggesting is
>> that FFTW(3), MKL, etc. are moved to separate *packages* outside of
>> scipy.

Robert, if you have a few minutes, would you be mind taking a look at
the refactor_fft branch ? Basically, I tried to split as much as
possible each backend (each one is a library, instead of the whole
extensions being one big source file including other source files), so
that we can remove them and put them into scikits without breaking them
totally. As it is, the branch it is 100 % backward compatible with the
trunk (I tried to test all possible combinations, but I may have missed
some). So if you think the code is OK, I could then work on the
registration thing, and put mkl, fftw and (djbfft ?) in scikits.

cheers,

David