[SciPy-dev] fftpack: building all backends and setting them at runtime (was dropping djbfft)

Pearu Peterson pearu@cens.ioc...
Fri May 16 09:13:15 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 4:53 pm, David Cournapeau wrote:
> David Cournapeau wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, I will modify this part, then, instead of doing the renaming in
>> python.
>>

> While you're here, Pearu, is fftpack the same as dfftpack API wise ?

afaik, yes. See the DFFTPACK/doc.double file for details.

> While refactoring, I noticed nobody wrapped the float version even if
> the fortran code is there, and that would really nice to have (would
> give a nice speed boost "for free" without relying on GPL or proprietary
> code).

At the time only double version was wrapped because it was a start
(and I needed only the double version for my app).

Pearu