[SciPy-dev] ANN: NumPy/SciPy Documentation Marathon 2008

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Sun May 18 07:06:03 CDT 2008

Hi,

su, 2008-05-18 kello 13:40 +0200, Johann Cohen-Tanugi kirjoitti:
> one quesiton, the preliminary doc refers to saving the pages locally,
> then editing, and in the end uploading everything. I do not understand
> how the wiki or any page thereof can be saved on a local machine. I
> tried a wget but clearly the wiki system gets broken this way.

You can wget pages by adding ?action=raw at the end of the url.

But I think Joe's idea was that for larger rewriting, it is more
convenient to copy-and-paste the text for the docstring you want to
edit, edit it on your own machine until you are happy with the result,
and after that put it to the wiki.

> P.S. I logged out and in again but the page
> http://sd-2116.dedibox.fr/doc/EditorGroup tells me that I am not
> allowed to see this page. I do not know whether this is expected.

It's expected; you should be able to edit other pages. But I just
changed this to reduce confusion.

--
Pauli Virtanen