[SciPy-dev] FLENS

Hoyt Koepke hoytak@gmail....
Sun May 18 15:56:03 CDT 2008

> That's the main advantage of FLENS over Blitz++ from what I
> understand.  Blitz++ does not use BLAS at all.

FLENS looks really cool, but from my brief look, it doesn't seem like
it's really a drop in replacement for blitz++.  blitz++ seems to have
more functionality in terms of slicing and assignment operations that
I'd associate with arrays, which makes weave.blitz practical.  It
seems that FLENS is primarily focused on matrix type operations, which
blitz++ doesn't have, so having a weave.flens package could be really
useful.  I might have missed something, though -- let me know if I
did.

--Hoyt