[SciPy-dev] iterative callback function signature

Neilen Marais nmarais@sun.ac...
Mon May 19 16:41:36 CDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to monitor the residual while doing an iterative solve. In
iterative.py I see:

x, iter_, resid, info, ndx1, ndx2, sclr1, sclr2, ijob = \
          revcom(b, x, work, iter_, resid, info, ndx1, ndx2, ijob)
if callback is not None and iter_ > olditer:
           callback(x)

I'm a bit uneducated about the meaning of all the iterative variables,
but is there a way I can obtain the residual from x here? Otherwise,
would it not make sense to allow more complicated callback functions?

Thanks
Neilen