[SciPy-dev] about data sets

Johann Cohen-Tanugi cohen@slac.stanford....
Wed May 21 17:13:11 CDT 2008

hello,
well I apologize in advance for jumping ahead, this email can anyway
always be set aside for later....
I just had the opportunity to use loadtxt today and looked for the
docstring with the marathon in mind. And of course it is a non working
example as the data file that it is supposed to load does not exist....
I noticed some time ago that David Cournapeau (I think) had started a
discussion about this at http://scipy.org/scipy/scikits/wiki/DataSets
.... I agree with him that loadable datasets in R are a big plus of this
software.
I guess that in principle I could create a buffer to read back with
loadtxt in the example, but given the long term goals of this doc
marathon, I thought that it might be useful to raise this issue right
away....

best,
Johann