[SciPy-dev] scikits.learn: manifold learning does not build

Wed May 28 05:05:54 CDT 2008

Matthieu Brucher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Strange, it builds fine on my box.
> Can you give me the errors that were generated ? I can't reproduce
> them for the moment.

Did you try from a fresh svn checkout ?  It is easy to miss some trivial
mistakes when developing a package because some of the files do not
exist in svn but are only on your development tree (it happens to me all
the time).

The first obvious problem is in regression/setup.py, which uses some
source files which do not exist in subversion (neighbour vs neighbor):

compile options: '-Iregression
-I/home/david/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/core/include
-I/usr/include/python2.5 -c'
g++: neighbours/neighbours.cpp
g++: neighbours/neighbours.cpp: No such file or directory
g++: no input files
g++: neighbours/neighbours.cpp: No such file or directory
g++: no input files

Also, I don't think you should use * in add_subpackage: it may hide some
missing files, and make the problem I mentioned just before about
difference between your tree and svn tree harder to track. It may well
be the cause of the problem (you may have both neighbour and neighbor on
your machine, for example).

cheers,

David