[SciPy-dev] hyper1f1, ticket #659

Moritz Helias helias@bccn.uni-freiburg...
Thu May 29 08:45:15 CDT 2008

Hello,

now you will also find a test for hyp1f1 attached to ticket #659:

1.) test_hyp1f1.nb
       Mathematica script to create reference data at randomly drawn
points (a,b,x) in [-30,30] x [-30,30] x [-30,30] using Mathematica's
implementation of hyp1f1

2.) hyp1f1_test.py
       uses reference data created from test_hyp1f1.nb and compares it
to the result of scipy's implementation.
       calculates root mean square error relative error and maximum
relative error

3.) scipy_4393_hyp1f1_chgm.patch
      is a patch (build based on revision 4393) to be applied to scipy
root directory to use chgm (from specfun.f) instead of hyperg (from
hyperg.c) for hyp1f1.
      this patch applied, the maximum relative error on my machine is
4.41274416139e-05

I hope this will facilitate testing.

Greetings,

Moritz