[SciPy-dev] scipy.distance

Damian Eads damian.eads.lists@gmail....
Sun Nov 2 18:47:14 CST 2008

Thanks. I created a spatial and spatial/tests directory in the SciPy
trunk. This should not pose an issue when merging the kd-tree code
from the spatial branch into the trunk, just change the setup.py and
__init__.py accordingly. After fixing a few minor import bugs caused
by the move, I am pleased to report all the cluster and distance tests
pass.

I had a chance to peruse the code in the spatial branch, and it looks
like there are a considerable number of tests for the kd-tree code. It
seems mature enough for it to be incorporated into the 0.7 release as
a technology preview. I think we should move that code over into the
trunk too, since this will give us more feedback from early adopters
and testers so we can better refine. It should also be noted, we are
changing the module index in the documentation to indicate those
modules/packages that are part of the technology preview.

Would others care to comment?

Cheers,

Damian