[SciPy-dev] Technology Previews and Sphinx Docstring Annotations

Tue Nov 4 12:02:10 CST 2008

Ryan May wrote:

> For what it's worth, I'm +1 on the idea of a scipy.preview.  I
> understand the desire to not make scipy more experimental and confusing
> for users, and certainly understand David's point to not make building
> Scipy any more of a burden than it already is.

The point is not so much that it will make scipy more complicated to
build, but that the works *has to be done anyway*. Whether it is a
scikits, from google code, or in scipy. Having good infrastructure for
scikits is vaporware, but scipy.review relies on regular scipy releases,
and frankly, this feels even more vaporware to me, if only by looking at
the history of the project.

How many times a year would you like to see scipy released for
scipy.review to be useful ? And how many times has it been in the recent
years ?

cheers,

David