[SciPy-dev] scikit for dae

Thu Nov 6 08:10:52 CST 2008

Benny Malengier wrote:

> I looked at it. I don't see fortran mentioned. I guess in my case with
> fortran files only source distribution is possible via pypi, yes?

Fortran is unfortunately the biggest hassle of all from a binary
distribution POV. You can always build binary eggs, but not only will
they be dependent on the platform and the python version, but also on
the fortran compiler you are using.

Otherwise, building fortran extensions is the same for scikits as for
any code in numpy/scipy, so you can take a look there. If you have
questions, don't hesitate to ask here, of course.

> The above works though. Is there some command I should add to make the
> egg work too?

It is a bit difficult to say without looking at your setup.py; I don't
see anything which looks obviously wrong, at least,

David