[SciPy-dev] assert_dtype_equal

Tiziano Zito opossumnano@gmail....
Thu Nov 6 09:33:00 CST 2008

dear devs,

writing the tests for eigh I noticed that there is no
"assert_dtype_equal" in numpy.testing . I implemented it in
test_decomp.py as:

def assert_dtype_equal(act, des):
    assert dtype(act) == dtype(des), \
           'dtype mismatch: "%s" (should be "%s") '%(act,des)

would'nt it be an useful addition to numpy.testing?

ciao,
tiziano