[SciPy-dev] docs.scipy.org -- new site for the documentation marathon

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Thu Nov 13 19:13:12 CST 2008

Sun, 02 Nov 2008 22:07:55 -0500, jh wrote:
[clip: docs.scipy.org front page]
> Looks great!  The tag lines under the main links are all redundant
> except for the one on Travis's book.  E.g.:
>
> Numpy Reference
> reference documentation for Numpy
>
> There's no new information in the extra line.  Also, please add "Guide"
> to the title for this one.

Fixed.

> Would it be possible to take the latest stats graph and stick it next to
> the numpy reference manual on the front page?  Just the graph for the
> last week and the key.  Don't do this if it's real work, or if it slows
> wiki.

This is not straightforward at the moment -- the bar graph on the doc
wiki is not an image, so it's not very easy to embed. But this can go to
the wishlist, to be added later.

> Also, how difficult is it to put the current date of the works in
> progress?  That would help those downloading it to see how recent it is
> and when to get an update.  Again, don't do if it's a lot of work.

At present this would need to be done manually every time someone uploads
the documents, and at times people would forget to update this. So I'd
rather not add the dates here as long as we have to do it manually. But
could be done, sure.

--
Pauli Virtanen