[SciPy-dev] are masked array statistical function hidden intentionally?

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Wed Nov 19 03:40:28 CST 2008

Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:07:13 +0000, Pauli Virtanen wrote:
[clip]
> Pierre -- the masked array documentation in Numpy Reference Guide is
> especially lacking as not all MA functions are listed or the
> functionality explained. I'm not so familiar with MA, so I would
> appreciate help in writing the documentation for this part of Numpy.
[clip]

Just to clarify: I tried to say that the part of the Sphinx-generated
docs dealing with MA are not properly organized at the present:

- http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/arrays.classes.html#module-numpy.ma

  Some general text exists, but eg. special methods and properties of MAs are
  not systematically listed. Also, MAs might also deserve a page of their own.

- http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/routines.ma.html#routines-ma

  Not all MA functions or constants (eg. ma.masked) are listed.

Reorganization of this is pending in my job queue, but help is appreciated.

--
Pauli Virtanen