[SciPy-dev] are masked array statistical function hidden intentionally?

Scott Sinclair scott.sinclair.za@gmail....
Wed Nov 19 05:38:01 CST 2008

2008/11/19 Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi>:
> Tue, 18 Nov 2008 19:04:01 -0500, josef.pktd wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 4:52 PM, Pierre GM <pgmdevlist@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> About the documentation: well, I guess I should take the blame for not
>>> having written more thorough docstrings.  However, I'm not in charge of
>>> building the whole doc.

> Pierre -- the masked array documentation in Numpy Reference Guide is
> especially lacking as not all MA functions are listed or the
> functionality explained. I'm not so familiar with MA, so I would
> appreciate help in writing the documentation for this part of Numpy.

I'm putting some effort into this area at the moment, but I'm a
marathon runner not a sprinter (tm) and also trying to work it out as
I go along.

Pierre, if you aren't able to find the time for this, then it might be
most productive (for you) to review the docstrings as I work on them.
That way you're just checking that the documentation doesn't lie or
miss any subtleties.

Cheers,
Scott