[SciPy-dev] Reverting eigh code ?

Tiziano Zito opossumnano@gmail....
Sun Nov 23 03:03:19 CST 2008

Hi David,
I commited a possible fix: there may be some problems in the lapack
documentation, the minimal lwork assignments are, for some complex
routines, oddly smaller than that of the corresponding real routine.
The fortran routines are actually just driver routines, which in turn
call more specialized routines underneath: in the documentation of the
underlying routines I found different minimal values for lwork and set
that for the driver routines. I used the same values years ago on a
red hat machine where I had to compile LAPACK and ATLAS by hand and
something was not working (I found out in symeig svn history). Let me
know if this solves the problem you are seeing.

nils, would you also try it? It's in revision 5175.

ciao,
tiziano