[SciPy-dev] cephes broken (revision 5176)

Sun Nov 23 19:09:32 CST 2008

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 5:27 PM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris@gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 5:30 AM, David Cournapeau <
> david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
>
>> Xavier Gnata wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > There are some missing declaration in the cephes module (rev 5197)
>> >

>> Actually, that's numpy svn which is broken ATM. You can build scipy
>> against numpy 1.2.1, for example.
>>

> So it is. I fixed that once, but I must have broken it again somewhere
> along the line.

It should be fixed now.

This brings up something I've been thinking about. I think the include
headers should exist independently of the src. They are currently generated
by scanning the files, but that is error prone and breaks the independent
signature check that a fixed include file performs. Besides, I don't think
is asking much to require programmers to declare interface functions before
defining them. It is good practice. It would also simplify the current setup
by making it closer to standard practice instead of having things buried in
code generators and order lists.

Chuck