[SciPy-dev] the state of scipy unit tests

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Mon Nov 24 01:59:24 CST 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 4:44 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Why does the test time matter so much to you ?
>
> You want to be able to run the main automated test suite every time
> before you do a check in, and more frequently while you are working on
> something, so that you make sure you didn't break things you weren't
> working on. This is a fairly well-accepted principle of testing.

Yes, I understand the different suites thing, but that's not what we
are talking about, right ? Weave, for example, does not output files
when the default test suite is run.

> Multiple test
> suites for different purposes and constraints is far from uncommon.

Sure, I don't argue against different purposes test suite, but about
what goes in the default.

David