[SciPy-dev] ANN: SciPy 0.7.0b1 (beta release)

Wed Nov 26 07:27:33 CST 2008

Neal Becker wrote:

> Build scipy, don't install, then test it in place.  Nice to know if it passes the tests before I install and overwrite my known good version.

You can simply install several versions in parallel, using something
like stow if you are on unix. That's what I use to easily switch between
a stable version for my research and last svn version when developing
numpy/scipy. Even simpler, you can first install it in a temporary
directory to test it.

cheers,

David