[SciPy-dev] the state of scipy unit tests

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Wed Nov 26 15:29:51 CST 2008

I reorganized the tests for stats.distributions.

On my notebook, I have now 25 to 30 seconds for  `nosetests -A "not
slow" scipy.stats` (equivalents to scipy.stats.test() );
Without the "not slow" option, I still have around 5 minutes

I did not change the actual tests, I merged some tests to reuse
generated random variables, and, after profiling, I moved some of the
slowest continuous distribution into a separate test which is
decorated with slow. The basic tests, including kstest, are now run by
default for 70 out of 84 continuous and all discrete distributions. I
also reduced the sample size and fixed the see, and I hope that we
don't get spurious random failures.

I hope this time consumption of the tests is ok for now. Further test
optimization has to wait.

Josef