[SciPy-dev] ANN: SciPy 0.7.0b1 (beta release)

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Wed Nov 26 22:24:51 CST 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 10:57 AM, Adam Mercer <ramercer@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 19:51, Adam Mercer <ramercer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> That's a bug in the arpack build file. It should be fixed in SVN,
>>
>> I'm assuming thats r5199? Applying that change to the 0.7.0b1 tarball
>> results in the same error.
>
> Ok, building from the trunk works so I must have mucked something up.
> Ignore the noise.

No, you may be right :) The problem is specific to the tarball (the
file exists in subversion, it is not included in the tarball). To test
whether the fix is OK, you should first generate the tarball from the
trunk:

python setup.py sdist

And then use the generated tarball as the source tree to build.

David