[SciPy-dev] SciPy-dev] [patch] read/write v5 .mat files with structs, cell arrays, objects, or function handles

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Fri Oct 3 00:29:13 CDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 12:34 AM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett@gmail.com> wrote:
> For the API change, the API for the io has already changed in the
> trunk, from an earlier change (well-motivated) by Nathan Bell.   I
> would love to see a version of this patch in 0.7 if at all possible.

Yes, I know, it broke my packages :) I don't think it is good
practice. We allow for scipy API changes, but it would still be better
it we were saying that something is about to change. It really does
not cost much, I think.

cheers,

David