[SciPy-dev] Using nose

Sat Oct 4 17:07:15 CDT 2008

Hi,

I have a particular pattern of tests I'd like to implement, and I
don't know a good way to make nose carry it out. The pattern is this:
I have a class with a setUp function that creates various variables
(an array of test data, etc.). I also have a handful of test_whatever
methods. This works fine. But now I'd like to apply exactly the same
test methods to a different set of data. My first attempt was to
simply create a derived class which overrode the setUp method, but
unfortunately neither unittest nor nose will run tests defined in the
parent class.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Anne