[SciPy-dev] Using nose

Sun Oct 5 01:08:51 CDT 2008

2008/10/4 Alan McIntyre <alan.mcintyre@gmail.com>:

> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/wiki/TestingGuidelines#creating-many-similar-tests
>
> Please let me know if that doesn't work (or if the doc isn't clear on
> something).

While we're on the subject of testing, what's the best way to run a
(or some) tests and get dropped into the debugger when something goes
wrong? With my own code and unittest I there was a magic invocation (I
think it was MyTestClass().debug()) that I could run from inside
ipython with %pdb, so that when an exception was triggered I wound up
in the debugger. What's the best way to arrange this when I'm dealing
with debugging a module inside scipy?

Thanks,
Anne