[SciPy-dev] scipy.sparse.dok_matrix changes

James Philbin philbinj@gmail....
Mon Oct 20 10:07:01 CDT 2008

Hi,

> Thanks James.  I've merged your patch in r4802:
> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/changeset/4802
Good stuff. I'd like to make some more changes/cleanups, but there's a
few things i'm not sure about.

Firstly, I'd like to remove the functions 'conjtranspose', 'take' +
'split'. All of them seem non-standard and can be expressed in other
ways. If functions are removed, should they be deprecated first? I'm
not sure what the policy is on a pre 1.0 release.

Secondly, using __getitem__ with slices currently requires an O(nnz)
crawl over all the values. Should we support this usage? My preference
would be to only allow elementwise access, though for __setitem__
using slices is fine.

James