[SciPy-dev] building binary installers

Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail....
Sun Sep 14 14:24:31 CDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 2:05 AM, David Cournapeau
<david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> On windows, you can use the build_msi/build_wininst command of
> distutils, but this will only produce a binary for your package: users
> will need to install both numpy and scipy first. On Windows, you have
> the problem of blas/lapack: if you don't need much, I would strongly
> encourage you to use netlib blas/lapack only, and to not bother with
> atlas. There is also the problem of not mixing g77/gfortran, like on
> Linux. For windows 64, you can't use mingw, including the fortran
> compiler...

An unoptimized blas/lapack is sufficient for our usage.  Should I then
place the netlib blas and lapack in my source tree somewhere?  If so,
is there an example of how to make the build scripts compile and link
the library?

I would like to make compiling PyAMG as simple as possible.  We only
use BLAS/LAPACK on small matrices (e.g. 3x3 to 6x6), so speed is
unimportant.

Thanks for your help.

--
Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail.com