[SciPy-dev] weave.inline broken by setuptools?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Sep 26 00:04:09 CDT 2008

Hey,

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 9:57 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:

> *bzzrt!* No. That's not the problem. It's dangerous to pull in
> setuptools after *numpy.distutils*. It's the particular combination of
> those two that needs to be managed carefully.

Ok, thanks a lot for the clarifications.  At least I understand the
problem a bit better now.  But I'm going to light up a candle to the
coding gods so that someone finds a cleaner long-term solution.  This
really should *not* be that hard, we should not have to tiptoe around
toxic cross-module interactions like this, knowing all these details.

Oh well, I'll crawl back into my hole.

Thanks again for the info, it does truly help.

Cheers,