[SciPy-dev] Next scipy release 0.7

Mon Sep 29 21:52:32 CDT 2008

Jarrod Millman wrote:

> I just haven't had any free time.  My plan at this point is to release
> an alpha first with binaries.  Since the trunk has had so many
> changes, I would like to see more testing before releasing a beta.

Before an alpha, there are several things which I consider a blocker for
a release and would like to fix (and seeing fixed):

    - http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/244 -> fft gives
wrong results with some axes parameters
    - http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/691 -> valgrind warnings
    - http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/688 -> fftpack revamp
    - http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/725 -> arpack
crashes/gives wrong result on Mac OS X

For windows binaries: taking the same approach as for numpy would work,
but would give a big installer (~40 Mb). I don't see any other approach,
except just linking with netlib (having a net installer sounds like a
support nightmare with all the proxy, firewall, etc...)

cheers,

David