[SciPy-dev] the scipy mission, include finite element solver

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu@aero.iitb.ac...
Thu Apr 9 07:43:45 CDT 2009

On 04/09/09 18:04, Dag Sverre Seljebotn wrote:
> The "workflow" of the average sciuentific programmer has a big potential
> for improvement, and one cannot bring that about by further fragmentation.

I was not advocating fragmentation, any viable solution would be fine.
IIRC, SPD itself is based on Sage and surely there will be some exchange
of code/ideas between Sage and SPD at some time.  However, given a
choice I would prefer a modular set of packages rather than one
monolithic monster. I haven't delved into all the existing solutions
enough to know if they are sufficiently modular or not.  The very fact
that SPD exists suggests that there is scope for improvement.

cheers,
prabhu