[SciPy-dev] integrate.ode: dop, zvode accessibility

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Sun Apr 12 07:30:42 CDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 7:35 AM, John Travers <jtravs@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 7:52 PM,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 2:28 PM,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I was looking at the import structure in integrate.
>
> The design of ode module has many problems. We discussed previously on
> this list (a few months ago, and again, about 9 months before that)
> about a possible re-design. There are a few good ideas left in the
> archives. Maybe we should collect these points together and put them
> on the developers wiki somewhere, for further discussion.
>
> I was planning to have a stab at this and I think Pauli was
> considering it too, but I haven't found the time yet and will not for
> about another month or two.

Thanks,
 I'm still trying to figure out how the scipy sub-packages are
structured, and I was a bit surprised when I was looking for dopri5,
that I found mainly the fortran module, before finding the indirect
access through ode.

Josef