[SciPy-dev] the scipy mission, include finite element solver

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Tue Apr 14 16:59:39 CDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 16:47, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 04:43:46PM -0500, Robert Kern wrote:
>> I conjecture, though, that the interface is the critical
>> differentiator (ahem, no pun intended) between implementations.
>
> Then let's have a good fight, and get over it :).
>
> Gaël
>
> PS: same thing for interpolation, and optimisation :P

I suspect the problems are much worse for PDEs than either of those.
Just the different mesh representations alone make it difficult to
provide a uniform implementation.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."