[SciPy-dev] the scipy mission, include finite element solver

Tue Apr 14 17:43:46 CDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 03:39:18PM -0700, Andrew Straw wrote:
> I call that Debian/Ubuntu. Package management is one thing that Debian
> got really right. I don't really see the value in re-inventing Debian
> package management. Why not just use it?

Because you have to be root on the box for this. In most labs, you may be
root one a few boxes, but rarely on the cluster. In addition, at many
workplaces, you are not root on your own box (and anyhow, they rule out
Debian, usually).

Gaël, a Debian/Ubuntu fan, too.