[SciPy-dev] SVN "corruption" / bzr-svn oddity?

Thu Apr 16 02:41:33 CDT 2009

Pauli Virtanen wrote:
> The Git repository indicates that something like this occurred:
>
>        5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660
> 	o----o----o----o----o----o----o 5661
>          \___________________________/
>
> So, the revision 5661 is based on 5655.

You can see this from svn as well, using the -v option of log:

svn log -r -v HEAD http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/trunk

"""
r5661 | josef | 2009-04-16 02:30:58 +0900 (Thu, 16 Apr 2009) | 1 line
Changed paths:
   R /trunk (from /trunk:5655)
   M /trunk/scipy/stats/distributions.py

use np.power in rdist (test commit with bzr)
"""

The 'R' meaning replace. I don't know why bzr did this - it looks like a
bzr-svn bug to me.

I don't know what's best. I tried your suggestion locally:

svn cp file:///usr/media/src/dsp/scipy_trans/yo/trunk@5660
file:///usr/media/src/dsp/scipy_trans/yo/trunk

but this creates a new trunk directory inside trunk. Omitting the trunk
for the copy destination does not work, svn complains about overwriting
an existing directory.

I don't know what's best: rewriting the svn repository (keep everything
up to 5660 and then commit 5661 as Josef intended, i.e. just changing
distributions.py), or doing the same by reverting the changes.

cheers,

David